Attach media to your content
The best way to insert any type of media is to attach it rather than embedding it directly in the rich text editor. Media can be attached to any Content Block regardless of its content source.
When you attach an image, video or map to a Content Block you have lots of control over how it's presented. You can choose to insert your piece of media above or below your content, align it left or right, easily add a caption, and it will always look great.
Upload your images first
You need to upload images to your site before using them in a page.
- Choose New > Image from the top menu in Cascade.
- Images automatically get saved in your images folder.
- Choose Image next to Attach media
- Click Search next to Choose image to browse for your image
- Choose your image
- Add an optional caption and select where you'd like to insert your image relative to your content
- Choose YouTube video next to Attach media
- Paste the URL of YouTube video you want to embed (e.g. http://youtu.be/DNeaZz9Vt6Q)
- Add an optional caption and select where you'd like to insert your video relative to your content
- Choose Google Map next to Attach media
- Paste the embed code you get from Google
- Add an optional caption and select where you'd like to insert your map relative to your content
- Choose Tweet next to Attach media
- Paste the embed code you get from Twitter
- Add an optional caption and select where you'd like to insert your tweet relative to your content
Between heading and content
By default media is inserted between the the content heading and its content.
But it can also be inserted above the content heading.
Or it can be inserted below the content itself.
Left or right, whatever's right
Media can also be aligned to the left or right of its associated content. On small mobile screens alignment is ignored to ensure media and content aren't too squished.