Form Builder 2.0
HTML Field Elements NEW
There are now a host new field types you can use in your forms. Each is designed to collect certain inforamtion and each has some specific validation rules to help you collect the right information on your forms,
- Single Line Text input
- Paragraph text
- Multiple choice ( Radio boxes )
- Checkbox inputs
- Dropdown select input
- Number field - Only allows numbers to inputed.
- Full name - Split first and last name fields.
- Date field - NEW Datepicker !!
- Time Field - Only select a time of day
- Date / Time field - Select both Date and time.
- Date range - Validates a start and end date.
- Phone number - Includes area code and validates a proper phone number
- Website URL
- Email Address
- Street Address - Includes address, city, province, postal code and country fields
- Section heading
- Matrix Grid of radio boxes for survey-style questions !!
On-the-fly Validation NEW
We've built in some data validation that happens as the user fills out the form. Fields will fade to red when there is a problem and fade to green when the user input passes.
Layout Options NEW
We've added more flexible options to let you control how your form is presented. These Layout options are:
- 1, 2 or 3-Column Layout
Your form will display form fields into 1,2 or 3 columns. Although we recommend keeping your forms in 1 column, this may be a good option for smaller forms.
- Narrow Layout
Your form will be centered in the content area and reduced to 80% width, giving your form some spacing to either sides.
- Horizontal Field Layout
Typically form fields are shown with the field label and the field on seperate lines, this option allowes the form to be shown where the label and field are on the same line. The label is to the left but the text is aligned right. The field itself is next to it.
Field Wrapper Options NEW
We've given managers the option to seperate fields by using:
- A horizontal line
- A containing box around the field - Inset Box
- Nothing at all
Submission Options NEW
As well as being able to customize the Submit Button, manages can now choose to have the user redirected to another page or show a customize piece of text when they submit the form.
Notification Options NEW
We've added and re-organsized the notification settings to give more control over who gets notified with what information,
- Sending Settings
You can customize where your notifications are sent from. This defaults to email@example.com and MUST be a @usask.ca address.
- Form Moderator
The Moderator is the owner of the form. When enabled they will get an email everytime the foirm is filled. The email includes a copy of the user input.
Choose to set a form moderator, their email address, name and what the subject line will be.
- Form Submitter
This is the user completing the form. You can choose to send the user a confirmation email after they complete it.
NEW - Now you can choose to include the users form responses in the confirmation email.
Under the hood
Because we've re-built the builder, we had an opportunity to incorporate many new security features that happen without any configuration. These features are designed to keep your data clean and filter out any malicious use of forms.
Some items of note are:
- User input is put through multiple stages of filtering and sanitizing both on the client-side and the server-side.
- We've added a great date picker widget that really ensures that when users enter a date, you get it in the format you asked for.
- The server-side PHP that deals wit the form submission has also been re-built and uses more up-to-date and built in PHP sanitization functions.
- We've integrated a mail library to ensure email is properly formatted.