Working with Forms
- To create a form, PLAN your form with required inputs
- Choose Add Content >Specialty Page > Form
- Complete the form sections as required
Email settings from moderator (email address to which form responses will be sent) and from submitter (email address and message on email going to submitter).
Form Publisher Email
The form moderator is the person who will be notified everytime a user submits the form. The email address you enter in this field is the address that will receive the forms from the web once the user has submitted the form. The email settings follow the action when form is submitted.
Form Submitter Email
By checking Yes the user will receive an email. The submitter settings will handle what the user will recieve. Specify the subject line, any message you would like to send. The user will also receive a summary of the data they provided.
Include any instructions to the user in the Form Instructions field. This is one of the fields on the form that contains the text editor. Images, tables, links may be added in this area. However, simple instructions should suffice.
Form items (inputs for users) include field types, such as
- radio buttons (submitter can only choose one option)
- check boxes (submitter can choose multiple options)
- texarea (provides larger area for submitter to enter content)
- email (forces submitter to enter properly formated email)
- heading (allows you to break up sections with headings)
Form items may contain labels. Labels may be used to provide the user with information on what is required in a field on the form.
Options for items include:
- required field (the user may not submit until the field is completed),
- help text,
- placeholder text
Form submission button options (change text and confirmation message)